Friday, July 18, 2008

A story and a journey

I am so excited to be writing you with all that God is doing in my life and what I hope He is going to do in the near future. I am sittinghere at New Tribes Mission headquarters in Sanford Florida in pre- field orientation, thinking of what to write. I am almost overwhelmed. I can’t do anything but sit back in wonder at Gods hand in everything. I am in awe of how He shows Himself in the most unlikely times and places, bringing  my life full circle.

I still remember vividly my childhood in Nimo, Papua New Guinea (PNG) where my parents served as missionaries with New Tribes Mission (NTM). I still re-member seeing those people, my friends live and die with absolutely no knowledge of the cross. I remember going back to Nimo years later and worshipping with those same friends, the smiles shining on their faces were so different than the fear I had grown used to seeing there. I remember many other tribes then asking for someone to tell them of this “Gods Talk”. Of how they had seen joy and freedom in my friends lives for the first time, and they wanted that too. 

These memories have affected every aspect of my life to this day, causing a deep desire to show Christ to those around me. Even in this my passion for international missions and reaching the un-reached has always been a secondary thing in my life. That is no longer the case. I was recently told of a need in PNG for support workers. Particularly, someone to serve the islands region as a mechanic and construction worker, who would faithfully assist the families planting churches in that region. Someone to do the tasks that would take their focus from the most important task. The task of telling the lost there of our savior. I applied with the mission praying that Gods hand would be evident in it all. As of May 4th 2008 I have become an official member of NTM and I will be going to PNG later this year. God has been faithful and is showing Himself in so many ways. I can only thank Him for being so gracious as to use me in this way. 

It is my hope to share with you just what God is doing around the world, and how vast the need is for workers to bring in the harvest. It is my hope as well that I will find many who are excited to see the work go on, and partner with me to see this through to completion. Together we can reach out till the last tribe and tongue has heard the gospel. If there is a time where I can share with you, your church, or anyone you may know I would love that opportunity. Many things can be done when we seek God and are faithful to His call on our lives. Let’s join together and effect a change in a place that is dark, shinning the light given to us by our savior to the world. I look forward to hearing from you, and answering  any questions you may have. I will call later to touch base with you or feel free to call or email me. I will keep my website updated with prayer requests and news.

Ps. 34:8 "Taste and see that
the Lord is good. Oh, the
joys of those who take ref-
uge in HIM!" 

Please pray for:
Safe travel between Texas and Michigan .

For God to be seen in me and for many to share with.

That those who hear  would be burdened to effect change in the world. 

That God would provide the prayer support and financial support needed to allow me to fill the gap and meet the need. 

That the last moments with my family before I leave would be precious as I will miss them greatly. 

Ryan Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment